Getting lip filler can be instant confidence boost. These are the top 10 things to keep in mind after getting lip filler:
1. Do not massage your lips. Manipulating your lips may cause the filler to move to undesirable spots.
2. Do not lick or bite your lips. Your saliva contains millions of bacteria, and your freshly injected lips have tiny, invisible entry points through which the filler was applied. On that note, brushing and flossing properly will help keep your mouth clean and avoid possible infection.
3. Avoid extremely hot drinks the first day, since the skin is thin and sensitive and it may burn more easily.
4. Be patient. You will be most swollen on the second day, and it usually takes about 6 days for you to see the full results. If you like the way you look on the second day, you may need more filler, because you are looking at swelling, not the final result.
5. If you are prone to getting cold sores, lip injections may trigger a flare up. Make sure you let your cosmetic injector know, and take the medication that you are prescribed at the time of injections and again 12 hours later.
6. If you experience any discomfort after your treatment, use an ice pack wrapped in a soft cloth and place over the lips. You may also take Tylenol.
7. If you experience bruising, take arnica montana pellets (we give them to you if needed).
8. You can move your lips, smile, and talk as usual.
9. Some people swell a lot, while some don’t swell at all. If you are a sweller, don’t over exert yourself for the first couple of days. Strenuous exercise will bring more blood flow to the area and prolong the swelling. Avoiding salty food and alcohol will also help alleviate the swelling.
10. Contact your injector if you have extreme pain or a visible sore after your injections. This may indicate an infection and may need to be treated with a medication if necessary.